Fitzroy Australia Resources is a new force in the Queensland metallurgical coal mining industry with a portfolio of existing operations and a pipeline of growth projects. In our short history we have reinvigorated operations at Carborough Downs, breathed new life into Broadlea and our next successful venture will be the Greenfields underground Ironbark No.1.
Our employees are engaged, connected to our business, proud of what we have achieved, have conviction in one another and our potential. Innovative thinking and decisive leadership are the hallmarks of the company. We deliver a challenging and rewarding environment and our success is built on the foundation of being a people business that mines coal.
- Competitive salary, Annual Bonus
- Moranbah residential accommodation, DIDO or Salary Sacrifice FIFO
- Vehicle allowance + 12% super + Health Insurance
- 9 day fortnight + 5 weeks annual leave
- Being part of a company that is a ‘people business that mines coal’
About The Opportunity
Reporting to the Development Superintendent you will be responsible for supporting the safe and efficient production of coal by planning mining work, troubleshooting equipment breakdowns, managing electrical availability, ensuring that production targets are not adversely affected by poor electrical maintenance.
Other accountabilities include:
- Ensuring that all mining and maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with the site procedures and coal mining legislation.
- Prepare plans of shift work from the various sources required to ensure compliance first, availability and production.
- Work in partnership with the mine and maintenance planners to develop long and medium-term strategies.
- Review shift reports and ensure actions have been raised or logged to repair, fix or replace.
- Ensure that all mining and maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with relevant coal mining legislation and requirements.
- Preparation of a daily work plan form the detail of the approved weekly schedule, ensuring that equipment is made available, each task is adequately resourced and schedule attainment is achieved.
- Coach the development teams of detailed and high-quality work scopes and ensure the completed job scopes are forwarded to the Planning department.
- Allocate, monitor and control the daily activities of production and maintenance.
- Conduct underground audits and inspections to ensure that all mining and maintenance work is being carried out to a compliance and mine standard.
- Maintaining and updating training requirements for all personnel within your direct report.
Skills and Experience
- Mining or Mechanical Engineering degree (desirable) or Trades and Experienced Operators with S1,2,3 and G2 certificate looking to move in a senior role are encouraged to apply
- 5yrs + Experience in Coal mining
- A working knowledge of Australian Standards and Mines Regulations in an underground coal mine
You will also have the following:
To be successful on this position, you will have the following essential qualities:
- The ability to plan, execute and deliver quality work whilst leading your team
- Build relationships and communicate at a high level within your internal and external stakeholders
- Organising the work flow to overcome problems and demonstrate your knowledge in you field
- Adapt to competing priorities that require excellent interpersonal skills to resolve
- Act with integrity and makes ‘good for Fitzroy’ decisions at all times
How to apply
If you feel you this is the role for you please apply via the link.
Fitzroy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs on the basis of job requirements.
We are Decisive. We are Inclusive. We Get Results.