- Priming, loading and tying-in of blast holes
- Shot reconciliation
- Magazine control, stock-take
- Cleaning up of blast area
- Security of blast area
- Post blast inspections, and reports
- Lead and mentor or blast crew
- Misfire resolution
As part of this role, you will be required to:
- Conduct all shot firing activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Adhere to, and comply with all Mines Regulations, Legislative requirements, company procedures regarding the safe use and handling/transportation of explosives and bulk product usage.
- Maintain and meet all drill and blast quality and productivity targets as required.
- Maintain maintenance and inspection records for all associated blasting equipment and vehicles.
- Liaise with clients, contractors, and supervisors on and offsite regarding blasting activities.
- Inspection, identification, and reporting of all hazards/risks and incidents pertaining to the drill and blasting operation to Legislation, Australian Standard and company procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will be required to have the following:
- Current WA Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Current WA Shot Firers licence
- Valid Australian Drivers licence
- Be physically fit and able to pass a pre-employment medical with drug & alcohol testing
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- National police clearance (valid last 3 months)
In return, our client is offering a competitive hourly rate, 2:1 roster, FIFO from Perth with the potential for permanent employment.
SES and our Client are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage female and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applications.
Due to the amount of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.