Fitzroy Australia Resources is a new force in the Queensland metallurgical coal mining industry with a portfolio of existing operations and a pipeline of growth projects. In our short history we have reinvigorated operations at Carborough Downs, breathed new life into Broadlea and our next successful venture will be the Greenfields underground Ironbark No.1.
Our employees are engaged, connected to our business, proud of what we have achieved, have conviction in one another and our potential. Innovative thinking and decisive leadership are the hallmarks of the company. We deliver a challenging and rewarding environment and our success is built on the foundation of being a people business that mines coal.
- Competitive salary, Annual Bonus
- Moranbah residential accommodation or FIFO for the right candidate
- Vehicle allowance + 12% super + Health Insurance
- 9 day fortnight + 5 weeks annual leave
- Being part of a company that is a ‘people business that mines coal’
About The Opportunity
Reporting to the Longwall Superintendent with no direct reports you will be responsible for working with Shift Engineers, Production Teams and the Maintenance Department. You will lead the development and improvement of the automation processes of the Longwall to increase efficiency, safety and productivity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Actively look for new technology/methods to improve automation systems.
- Enable technology to increase productive, improve safety and reduce cost.
- Assist in optimisation of cutting cycles.
- Actively look for improvements in managing coal flow and maintaining software for cycle optimisation.
- Provide maintenance personal with the data and understanding required for the Longwall to operate at optimal capacity – i.e. shield cycle times.
- Mentor and familiarise engineering tradesman on process improvement, automation systems and automation network communication systems.
- Ensure tradesman are able to fault find to a system level when automation software related issues arise.
- Set direction for the usage of automation, make required adjustments in settings to maximise coal flow & understand why these changes are being done.
- Manage change of automation parameters, software or processes that can cause issues and ensure these are recorded & documented to prevent reoccurrences.
- Interpret automation reports & ensure key personal receive data.
- Set direction for the usage of automation, making required adjustments in setting to maximise coal flow and understanding why these changes are being done.
- Manage change of the automation parameters, software or process that can cause issues and ensure these are recorded and documented to precent reoccurrences.
- Interpret automation reports and ensure key personnel receive data.
- Ensure mining processes are aligned with current automation strategies.
- Investigate and field trial new technology for process / safety improvement.
Skills and Experience
To be successful on this position, you will have the following essential qualities:
- Enjoy developing and coaching team members to improve their skills, knowledge and performance.
- An operational focus with demonstrated history of creating pragmatic solutions that a safe production environment
- Strong communication and the ability to engage, influence and get the best out of the workforce
- Desire to develop and grow your skills and technical abilities and enjoy stepping up to a challenge
You will also have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 10 years experience in underground coal mining and longwall automation
- A working knowledge of Australian Standards and Mines Regulations and how they are applied to design of electrical installations
How to apply
If you feel you this is the role for you please apply via the link.
Fitzroy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs on the basis of job requirements.
We are Decisive. We are Inclusive. We Get Results.