We are seeking a qualified Mechanical Engineer to co-ordinate inloading and outloading mechanical maintenance projects at a local coal terminal.
Key responsibilities include
- Working toward the companies strategic direction, statutory, personnel safety, plant reliability and operating cost requirements are met.
- Detail design and certify drawings for safety improvement projects and hazards rectification
- Ensure safety in design, full traceability and correct level of QA/QC, for every fabrication task
- Contribute to effective Terminal mechanical maintenance by providing technical support and advice to the maintenance team.
- scopes/tenders for consultant and construction works
- Provide effective input to Maintenance Planning through attendance at planning review meetings, analysis of maintenance delays and taking corrective action as required.
- Ensure effective Contractor Management through rigid enforcement and adherence to the companies Contractor Management procedures
- High level of Technical Drawing understanding in large scale operations
- Application of extensive Change Management protocols
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering (Mechanical)
Desired Experience & Competencies
- 5 years’ experience in Operations and/or Maintenance/Asset Management.
- Experience with Maintenance Management Systems.
- RPEQ certification
- Excellent interpersonal, cooperative and facilitation skills as part of interfacing with various levels of management and external bodies and agencies.
- Superior written, verbal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in high pressure and competing priority and ambiguous environments.
- Project Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of maritime bulk loading/handling facility
- Current Drivers Licence
- Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
If this position aligns with your area of expertise then simply apply now or contact Katrina on 0427 610 514 for a confidential discussion.