Fitzroy Australia Resources is a new force in the Queensland metallurgical coal mining industry with a portfolio of existing operations and a pipeline of growth projects. In our short history we have successfully reinvigorated operations at Carborough Downs underground mine, breathed new life into the Broadlea open cut and our next exciting venture is the Greenfields underground longwall and board and pillar – Ironbark No.1.
Our employees are engaged, connected to our business, proud of what we have achieved, have conviction in one another and our potential. Innovative thinking and decisive leadership are the hallmarks of the company. We deliver a challenging and rewarding environment and our success is built on the foundation of being a people business that mines coal.
About Ironbark No.1 As a people business that mines coal, Ironbark No.1 will be providing opportunities for our current team members to grow and provide an opportunity for new talent to join the next great Australian mining house. Approved in October 2018, Ironbark No.1 is Queensland’s newest underground metallurgical coal mine, with product coal scheduled for the first quarter of 2020. Within 2 years Ironbark No.1 will be producing up to 6 million ROM tonnes per annum of predominately hard coking coal. Ironbark No.1 is a high quality, long life resource that will employ over 350 permanent Fitzroy employees when in full operations and is situated close to Moranbah and 170kms west of Mackay.
About The Opportunity
Reporting to the Ironbark No.1 General Manager, you will be responsible for the creation of an effective Safety Health and Management System and leading it’s implementation. Once the SHMS is in place you will support the senior leadership in maintaining compliance with the (SHMS), the business Risk Management Framework, all associated legislation as well as lead behavioural based initiative to continual improve performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and maintaining an effective culture and excellent team member engagement
- Development, maintenance and governance of the SHMS, risk management and compliance framework processes, ensuring integrity of the document framework
- Development and maintenance of the contractor management system, training system, occupational hygiene and emergency management systems
- Lead initiatives to ensure legal compliance with the QLD Coal Mining Safety and Health Legislation, including development and maintenance of site legal compliance registers
- Develop and implement the internal/external audits frameworks and site assurance systems
- Providing timely and effective advice to the site management team relating to health, safety and training trends, programs and improvement opportunities
- Support the site by driving compliance and reporting initiatives that will positively influence the safety culture and performance of the site
To be successful, the following are non-negotiable, must haves:
- Enjoy developing and coaching team members to improve their skills, knowledge and performance.
- An operational focus with demonstrated history of creating pragmatic solutions that safely produce coal
- Strong communication, influencing and coaching skills with a genuine desire to help people,
- Willingness to develop and grow your skills and technical abilities and enjoy stepping up to a challenge.
Desirable and/or Preferred Skills
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) with experience in coal mining related risk and compliance
- Strong understanding of Queensland coal mining legislation and experience developing a Safety and Health Management Systems
- Internal Auditor Qualification
- Demonstrated ability to understand legislative and procedural requirements and translate them into simple, effective documents for operations to practically apply
- Familiar with developing and facilitating formal risk assessments (Bow-tie, HAZOP, WRAC etc.)
- Capacity to lead and facilitate high level incident investigation processes
- Strong computer skills and a high level of attention to detail
Applications close Monday 11 March 2019, don’t miss this exciting and rare opportunity.
Fitzroy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs on the basis of job requirements.
We are Decisive. We are Inclusive. We Get Results.