SES Labour solutions are seeking an experienced geotechnical engineer to join our clients tech services team in WA’s Goldfields region. Reporting to the Senior Geotechnical Engineer, the successful candidate will provide and deliver high quality solutions and results using their knowledge and best practice to ensure 100% compliance to site safety.
- Remuneration will be negotiated during interview process
- FIFO Perth, 8:6 Roster
- Immediate start
- 12 hr shifts
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in either Mine, Geological or Civil Engineering
- A minimum of two years’ experience with specific experience and knowledge in rock mechanics
- Experience with Vulcan, geotechnical design packages and Microsoft Office suite
- A current WA “C” Class Driver’s License
- Knowledge of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Excellent analytical, management, organization and problem-solving skills
- High level of written and oral communication skills and the ability to deliver
- Promote and maintain high safety performance through personal commitment and application of safety policies and procedures
- Provide Geotechnical support and assistance to the operation, ensuring that the operation ensuring that the operation complies with all the relevant company and statutory requirements.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a structural database and contribute towards continuous structural data acquisition
- Develop new and effective Geotechnical risk management processes and procedures for the site
- Conduct regular Geotechnical Audits of the mining operations
- Work with Mine Planning Engineers/Void Officers to optimise design criteria and mine operations personnel for geotechnical-based risk assessments
- Assessment of geotechnical hazard relating to the daily operations of the mine
- Design reviews and recommendations for pit design, waste dump and stockpile
- Slope stability analysis and assessment of pit walls and waste dumps
- Geotechnical monitoring planning and implementation, mapping and kinematic analysis and awareness training for employees
How to Apply
If you possess the skills and experience outlined above and are ready for a new challenge please apply directly using the ‘Apply’ button on this page.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SES Labour Solutions are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage female and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applications.