Our Client is a new force in the Queensland metallurgical coal mining industry with a portfolio of existing operations and a pipeline of growth projects.
Their employees are engaged, connected to our business, proud of who they work for, have conviction in one another and our potential.
Reporting to General Manager, you will be responsible for the creation of a team and a mine plan that optimises the long term value of Queensland’s newest underground mine.
You will set the strategic direction of the mine plan, build the Technical Services team and be key to the development of an engaged and committed culture. The functions you will be accountable for include Mine Planning, Ventilation, Gas Drainage, Geology, Geotechnical and Survey.
This is a rare opportunity for you to get it right from the very beginning to create an amazing legacy for others to follow.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Hiring high performance individuals and lead them to become an outstanding team,
- Lead all aspects of the mine planning and technical support,
- Improve safe production capacity and reduce cost through excellent mine planning, technical innovation and continuous improvement,
- Creating and maintaining an effective culture and excellent team member engagement,
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the senior leadership team,
- Ensure compliance with all legislation and government agencies approval requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Have a demonstrated ability to lead technically specialist teams to support operational performance.
- Need outstanding analytical skills to pull multiple sources of data together to develop solutions and improvements before others may even be aware there is an issue.
- Be operationally focused with demonstrated history of creating pragmatic solutions that safely produce coal
- Have the ability to work with peers for the success of the operation and the business.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Survey, Geology or similar with extensive experience in underground coal mine planning
- Demonstrated ability to lead multifunctional team members
- Strong computer skills and a high level of attention to detail
How to apply
If you are keen to go to the next step, please apply via the link on this page and we will be in touch with more details.