Fitzroy Australia Resources is a new force in the Queensland metallurgical coal mining industry with a portfolio of existing operations and a pipeline of growth projects. In our short history we have successfully reinvigorated operations at Carborough Downs underground mine, breathed new life into the Broadlea open cut and our next exciting venture is the Greenfields underground longwall and board and pillar – Ironbark No.1.
Our employees are engaged, connected to our business, proud of what we have achieved, have conviction in one another and our potential. Innovative thinking and decisive leadership are the hallmarks of the company. We deliver a challenging and rewarding environment and our success is built on the foundation of being a people business that mines coal.
About Ironbark No.1 As a people business that mines coal, Ironbark No.1 will be providing opportunities for our current team members to grow and provide an opportunity for new talent to join the next great Australian mining house. Approved in October 2018, Ironbark No.1 is Queensland’s newest underground metallurgical coal mine, with product coal scheduled for the first quarter of 2020. Within 2 years Ironbark No.1 will be producing up to 6 million ROM tonnes per annum of predominately hard coking coal. Ironbark No.1 is a high quality, long life resource that will employ over 350 permanent Fitzroy employees when in full operations and is situated close to Moranbah and 170kms west of Mackay.
About The Opportunity
We currently have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an Environmental Specialist to join our team at Ironbark No.1 mine. Ironbark No.1 will be a new, state of the art and low impact underground longwall mine in the northern Bowen Basin coalfields, with construction commencing in early 2019. Ironbark No. 1 is located approximately 35 kilometres north-east of the established mining centre of Moranbah and is adjacent to Fitzroy’s existing mines and logistics infrastructure. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be involved with the construction, development and operation of a new coal project in the Bowen Basin.
Initially reporting to the Group Safety and Compliance Manager, the Environmental Specialist will play a multifaceted role in establishing and maintaining safe and efficient environmental management systems and environmental compliance for the operations, from construction through to operation.
- Development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Maintaining legal compliance with the site specific Environmental Authority
- Facilitating effective environmental management tasks, including:
- o Environmental monitoring, offsets control and reporting, rehabilitation, data management, erosion/sediment control, waste management, ground disturbance, water management, environmental risk management, strategic planning, legal compliance, financial management, regulatory interactions and statutory reporting
- Facilitate compliance with environmental related licenses, legislation and Company Standards, including effectively engaging and liaising with government regulators, preparing and submitting statutory reports
- Providing environmental leadership and functional support/technical advice in a professional and timely manner for the operations
- Educate workforce on key environmental risks, controls and responsibilities
Got what it takes?
To be successful as our new Environmental Specialist, we are looking for an experienced person with a relevant tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or similar discipline and must possess a minimum of five years’ experience in environmental management within mining or heavy industry.
As the ideal candidate; you will have the ability to work autonomously as the exclusive environment resource for the operations with strong planning, organisation and time management skills.
At Fitzroy, we are totally committed to building a robust, profitable business and creating an energised, enjoyable working environment for our people. Our employees are engaged, connected to our business, proud of what we have achieved, have conviction in one another and our potential.
Fitzroy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs on the basis of job requirements.
Fitzroy offers a very competitive remuneration package, which highlights an annual incentive plan (Bonus), and subsidised Private Health Insurance amongst others.
Closing date for applications is 11 March 2019