SES Labour Solutions are seeking an experienced and qualified drill and blast engineer for our clients Gunnedah mining operation. In this role you will be responsible for providing technical, and practical support to the drill and blast team.
- $130-160k +super, +10% annual bonus (up to 20%)
- Residential Mon-Fri 0630-1630
- 12 week rental assistance
- Full relocation to the Gunnedah area provided
About the Opportunity (optional section)
This is an optional section to elaborate on the Client or role specifics beyond the content included above if required – this may include sentences, bullets or both (optional)
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- Proven history of specialist shotfiring and blasting
- Minimum of 3 years D&B engineering experience
- Proven experience using Vulcan and Datablast software
- Experience in open cut coal mining (desirable)
- Clear understanding of drill and blast practices techniques (wall control, vibration)
- Operational and project management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Scheduling and Planning of Drill & Blast activities and resources, including review of Blast Designs.
- Analysis of Productivity, Efficiency and effectiveness of Drill & Blast plans and activities.
- Reconciliation of Drill & Blast activities with budget, forecast and invoicing.
- Provision of managerial support to Project Superintendent during periods of absence or leave.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a variety of tasks
- Honesty and integrity
How to Apply
If you possess the skills and experience outlined above and are ready for a new challenge please apply directly using the ‘Apply’ button on this page. Alternatively, if you would like further information about the role please contact Matt Higgins on 0417484164
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SES Labour Solutions are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage female and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applications.